|How to Create RSS Feed for your Joomla 1.5 Site|
|How to - CMS|
Creating feed is one of the best ways to generate genuine traffic for your site. It help create a sense of loyalty from your readers and makes them visit your site again and again. The base ofcourse is quality content, without which you won't be able to generate a pool of loyal readers in the first place. Suscribing to feeds help your readers keep track of the latest developments in your site. This also helps in link building. The benefit for you is that you might get some link back and some added traffic. The feed generator is FeedBurner which was acquired by Google. But if you are using Joomla CMS for your website, you will see that "Read more" tag is not displayed in the feed. This problem can be solved by using Ninja RSS feed syndicator and FeedBurner together. This is how its done.
To generate RSS feed with Ninja RSS feed syndicator and FeedBurner follow the steps:
1. Download the Ninja RSS feed syndicator component. To download click here.
2. Install both the component and module using Joomla installer. Go to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall.
3. After you have installed, go to Component >> Ninja RSS Syndicator. Click on "New".
4. Everything here is quite self explanatory and the default values are good to go ahead with the feed creation. You can change it if you want to or just type the feed name and click on "Save".
5. Now you can see a feed url created. Copy and save the url in a notepad. You will need it later.
6. Now you to create an account in FeedBurner. You can use your Google credentials to login to FeedBurner or create separate credentials. To register in FeedBurner click here.
7. Login to FeedBurner. Type your blog/site address to burn your feed. The feed creation process is self explanatory and it mostly take default values. If your are in case confused, follow the steps from the screen shots given below.
8. Now go to Edit Feed Details and replace the original feed address with the Ninja RSS feed syndicator address you have saved in step 5. Then click on "Save Feed Details".
This is it. If you have followed the above steps correctly then you should have successfully created feed for your site. This will have the "Read more" tag in the feed generated unlike FeedBurner feed. Now whatever way you provide for subscription (either through email or through feed reader or through bookmarks), your feed will have a "Read more" tag.